Saturday, June 9, 2012

XBC



Extended Body Caddis

Video: XBC - Extended Body Caddis

So, I made this video mostly as a test as I try to figure out someway of getting a half decent filming setup with the gear I have. By no means is this great, but its not horrible either. It will give you the general idea.

Extended Body Caddis.
Hook: #20 Curved Shank Emerger
Thread: Olive. I used a black marker on the thread at the head.
Body: Micro Chenille. Use a light to singe the butt. This stops it from unravelling.
Underwing: Med. Dun CDC. This is for colour on this pattern.
Overwing: Elk hair.
The underwing is what will show for colour to the fish. It allows you to use natural coloured elk, which is more visible to the angler than a full Med. Dun coloured wing. Obviously, you don't have to go the route of an underwing, and used dyed elk, CDC, Deer hair etc, but I can assure you this method will not put the fish off, and make your fly much easier to track on the water.

I'm not really sure on the name or origin of this fly. I came to it by way of Pete Pettoes.

This is a fly I have supreme confidence in. I have caught a lot of fish, and a lot of good fish with this pattern. It's an easy tie, utilizing cheap materials, which are common in most tiers already accumulated collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment