Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Top.

I was out on Esten Lake for a couple of hours tonight. Loads of fun. The recent cold front has passed an the rising temps brought a good number of fish to the surface. Didn't land near as many as I enticed into striking, but it was still fun.

Would have had some excellent footage of the endeavour, except it seems my cam has died. I'll be replacing it, but we'll see how long that takes.

The fish I landed were on the smaller side for up here. Hooked, and got nice strikes of some larger fish. My head wasn't really in the game. It was my first night on Esten this season, and I spent a lot of time puttering about. I was so busy checking things out that I was always a bit late on my hook set.

I started off with a full sink, as thats what had been working lately. After a half hour or so I decided they weren't really bottom hugging, though I did manage a fish this way. They were definitely hanging much higher in the water column. Makes me happy. Looking forward to more surface fun soon.


So, no video from tonight ( or for the next foreseeable future ), but here's the last time I got them to be playful on the surface. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment