Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Stable.

When the weather wants to be nice and stable and seasonable norms, things are so much better. Today was the fourth day ( or so ) of a nice stable weather pattern. Yesterday I noted an improvement due to the stable weather, and today was even better.

Fish were just as happy to pound a surface offering as the were something drowned. At one point in a rather short period of time, I had two large bass smash my popper repeatedly, but the hook ups were for not. I was perplexed. After the initial strikes, I worked over the water and managed to get both fish to react. Still missed the hookset.  Sometime later I notice it wasn't popping right. When checking the fly, I found the leader was wrapped around the bend of the hook.............and my hooksets were just never going to work like that. Once I rectified that little bit of stupidity things worked much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment