Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Tie it, Try it: The Clouser.

A little bit of a spot light on the Clouser Minnow. If you fish for smallmouth, this fly should be in your arsenal.

What I did was tie one up, take it from the vise and tied it on the line, then took it out and fished it.

I've talked about the clouser on this blog before I am sure. It would have been hard not to have. Every year this pattern gets me a lot of fish, and a lot of really good fish. It's one of those patterns that just seems to be able to produce more exceptional fish than others.

The colours I use on my flies are Red ( or orange ) over yellow, with a few strands of red crystal flash. Most of my ties are sizes 2 - 4.

4 comments:

  1. I'm moving to Elliot lake and just bought a house. I'm just learning to fly fish and caught a few bass and a few rainbows to start my fly fishing time. Can't wait to try it up there. My name is Dave 58.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Dave! Hope you enjoy Elliot Lake. Personally, I love it up here. There are all sorts of opportunities for fly fishing adventures up here. Feel free to hit me up for info, or maybe hookup to do some fishing!

      Delete
    2. I'll take you up on that I'm watching your videos right now can't wait to get up There. Have a pipe and fish what else could you ask for

      Dave 😁

      Delete
    3. Sounds good. :)
      When you moving up here?

      Delete