Friday, August 4, 2017

Hex Time. Again.

That time of year again, when the Hexes are popping and the fish are noticing. Now, these are a
mayfly that comes off the water in the dark. So the numbers I actually see on the water are minimal. Also, we don't see any of the massive blanket hatches that hexes are famous for on other waters. More likely I'll be clued into them by the fish. First off, the bass become reluctant to take other offerings. I will also see increased surface activity as the fish starting hitting duns and emergers.


Towards dusk, I can often count on some good topwater action on flies designed for this time of year. Usually Hex duns and emergers. This year I introduced an new pattern to this mix. It's a variant of my GFC in yellow, and appropriately sized. So far it has done very well.


Vid clip of some of last season Hexing included.

No comments:

Post a Comment