Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Missing in Action: 150 damn streamers. Grrr.


For decades past, at this time of year, I would generally be tying up mayfly imitations. Not so this year. My focus on the moment is in tying up streamers and other lures. Seems that in the various recent moves, one item to go missing was my streamer/warmwater collections of flies..................that is a lot of damn flies to lose. Mind you, I enjoy tying, so replacing them is not so bad, but it does present some practical difficulties. I'm rather short on the materials I'd prefer to be tying with, not a great selection of suitable hooks, etc, etc. Looks like I'll be placing a material order shortly. However, since I am replacing pretty much everything, I can look forward to hours of tying up Wolly Buggers ( and worms ), Chamois Muddlers, GFC's that I do have materials for, though I though myself done tying them for awhile as I had established an impressive stockpile. Oh well.

There are patches of water open now. I even managed to go out and throw a few casts at something larger than an ice fishing hole. Felt good. Warmer weather seems to be here and staying, so the ice should be going quick. Then.............its time to get it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment