Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Perch.............

a new Elliot Lake resident.
So, I managed to drag my sorry ass down to Horne Lake this evening. With great difficulty. I was so beat up from the morning, I tried an afternoon rest, only to wake in far worse shape...............sigh. Horne Lake is pretty much downtown Elliot Lake. It is home to Pike, Smallmouth, Rainbow, Perch, Sunfish, Rock Bass. The only denizen I have yet to meet is Mr. Pike. I like Horne Lake, not so much for its fishing, but more so for it`s paved footpaths. Far easier to hobble down those than navigate boulder strewn shorelines.

Some of the Perch are finished their spawning. I located a bunch of larger perch that were `tapped out`. I managed to find more excuse not to harvest them. Unlike the fish in mating mode, who will ignore all flies, these Perch are acting like the Panfish we know and love. Attacking flies with reckless abandon, providing fish after fish action.
It`s a crap shoot if I will be out tomorrow. I am aching all over. It gets rather frustrating that such simple activity is so aggravating.



.........small jig flies like the one in this perch`s mouth have been deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment