Friday, May 3, 2013

to continue the theme.


......can you see the 'cliff face' @ Dunlop Lake
I was out exploring my new environs yesterday. This time was to determine access to the Boland, and more or the White. Again, it was determined that access to the white is ridiculously easy. The Boland not so much. I'm thinking the extra 10 minute drive to the White is worth it.


I went to look at a bridge access north of were I searched yesterday.  Found another beauty stretch, with lots of parking, and the obligatory camp sites. These sites dot the rivers. Another 5 minutes up the road found access to another River, name I'll have to look up. It feeds into the White Shortly before the bridge. Its smaller than the other two rivers, and more 'wild' looking............if that is even applicable up here.

Pretty much determined, that given a week, I'll return to the White and should expect the levels to be fishable. Thats not the case for the moment.

The Boland River.
In the evening, I went over to see what was happening on a lake that had been ice free longest, Depot. I stood on an outcropping of the shield by the shore, and peered into the dissipating light. Could it be? Was I seeing what I thought I was? There's another. A moment later, another.
....rise ring.

....its only a 1000 yards. I can make it.
As I watched I continued to see fish surface feed. Given that there are Rainbows in the lake, and these were substantial looking rings, well, my mind started doing the math and I hope I came up with the right answer. Too bad further investigation is curtailed until after this weekends Firearm Safety course. FML.
.......Golden Sunset on Depot Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment