Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lordy, I needed that.



After taking it hard Monday and Tuesday, playing Heron, watching water that was devoid of rising fish, it was nice to have an great outing this morning.

For two days I watched, and waited, for fish to hit the surface but to no avail. HAtches I was waiting on and looking for just never happened. It was tough. It happens. I wasn't anticipating much more this morning.

As soon as I hit the river I saw more bugs in the first minute than I had on Monday and Tuesday......so my hopes were bouyed. As I moved up the river beyond the access point, I saw a couple of sporadic rises............which again trumped the other 2 days immediately. I had moved up a fair distance to check on some big fish water............but absolutely nothing was moving there........so I headed back down to where the sporadic's had been.

Initially I was able to move them with a #20 Crane. As soon as the fish started hitting the surface with some regularity, the crane stopped getting looks. Onto the MC #20...........and that produced very well for the rest of the morning..........landing a good number of fish, and stinging many more. Best fish of the day was in the mid to high teens was broken of at the knot..........may have to rethink the Turtle if that happens again. That was a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment