Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Upper Credit River Hatch Chart



I compiled this chart a long time ago. It covers the Mayflies and Stonefly's of the Upper Credit. It is the result of harassing someone/s who knew the deal. Any charts I saw previously, ranged from sadly lacking to criminally misinformed. That was evident to any neophyte who ever bothered to check the bugs. The impetus to this, was when I couldn't identify a certain hatch ( the mollis it turned out ), and ran into a brick wall with the shops I frequented. It wasn't until I had the fortune of talking with Roy DeGuisti, that I finally found someone who knew the river and hatches intimately. This chart was compiled after many many emails and conversations with Roy. I noted Henry Frania's assistance as well. Henry is an entomologist very familiar with the upper credit and its insects. I can't remember what Henry's input was, but it was likely through his and Roy's own discussions on the subject.

Many years later, I have still to see a better chart. I have lost this chart a few times due to server or hard drive crashes. Fortunatley, others have been able to help me get it back ( thanks to Ken Paterson for this one! ).

I recently learned from a guide that this chart may have appeared in print. If so, I can remember giving that permission only once, and I'm not sure the group followed throw with its publication ( either a local chapter of TU or Isaac Walton, can't remember.). If you have seen it elsewhere, it was likely printed without permission. Hopefully, if it was printed, it was properly accredited. In the case it was not ( and without permission ), a big fuck you too the lazy buggers responsible.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making this awesome hatch chart. Finally someone made a chart using Latin names. Cheers. Boris

    ReplyDelete