Tuesday, August 2, 2011

And just like that..........



So you can imagine my consternation when the MC22's were more or less getting ignored. Yeah, I got some fish on them, but nothing that would be justified by the number of fish rising..............and there were lots. There was obviously something different.

It took me awhile to figure out. I kept checking the water, and air. .....and came up with a couple of candidates, but it wasn't till near the end of the session I finally nailed it. Trico's.

Some folks love this hatch, some hate it. I fall into the love it category. I've had some great days fishing this hatch on the (Upper Credit). If I had clued in quicker it would have been another killing spree. As it was I did decent.................but missed out on the majority of the action. Lack of 8x didn't help. I could see the micro drag affecting my drift and there was little I could do to remedy it. This undoubtedly cost me fish.

The picture? Think of that as checking out the web for information. The old fashioned way.

No comments:

Post a Comment