Sunday, August 14, 2011

............ :(



So, as you can see by the pic, and vid to follow, there were clouds of spinners in the air during my last outing. Initially I did well moving fish with trico female duns, just as planned. When they stopped producing, on went a male spinner................no dice. So on went a female spinner. Little interest, but nothing to justify the number of fish rising on a steady rhythm. There were caddis........so on went a couple of likely candidates. It wasn't til lthe end of the emergence I finally took the time out to sieve the water for an answer. Whenever I just glanced at the all I saw was trike spinners. But it was BWO's. What a moron.

If I've fished a trike hatch that fish ignored in favour of other fair, I can't remember it. Oh well. Live and learn. Its a bitter bill to swallow though. A great day of fishing missed because I was slow on the draw.




No comments:

Post a Comment