Wednesday, May 9, 2012

From the sidelines..........................

So, a look at the Grand today revealed a much different scenario than my last outing. More bugs. Numbers and variety.

I didn't fish. I watched. My back is f@#k'd and I couldn't muster the effort. Watched Mom fish for the most part.

Surface activity was limited to a short period in the later afternoon when the Hendriksons came of thickest. My mother managed a fish in the higher teens, her biggest fish to date, and later busted of a quality fish that would have dwarfed her new record.

Before the Hendriksons showed up en masse, both Crane flies and Tan Caddis could be spotted. The fish only concerned themselves with the Hendricksons though. Would have like to have seen the spinner fall, but patience is hardly my long suit when my back is screaming torture.

Would love to be out every day of the week. Not feasible though. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some time before the weekend.....................not gonna hold my breath though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment