Saturday, July 28, 2012

More GFC'ing.


I was out for an hour and a half this evening. Puttering around in the tube and throwing the Green Fish Critter. When I start playing with new patterns I generally throw them alot. Not just checking for efficacy, but also will work out any design flaws, or find some improvements.

So far, I've only used the same fly on all outings. Haven't lost it yet, and haven't had to change up for lack of production. Nor have I thought of any tweaks for the pattern.

On the evening, it produced very well. Eschewing the crappie for the most part, I did really well on Large Mouth. I did more leg ( flipper ) work than usual and found a nice shallow spot in the centre of the lake that had some nice drop offs. Working the edge of the structure kept me into fish for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment