Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bassn'it

Really? Seriously? Selective BASS? on Trico's? FML. SMH.

I managed to head to the lower Grand for morning fun. Arriving just after 7 found what appeared to be almost every fish in the river on sipping rises. Good I suppose, but it was long enough since my last outing I really didn't have much of a clue as to what they were taking.

 A quick look in the drink, and I'll I could see were some tiny snot flies. I really didn't bother to ascertain whether they were Caenis or Trico. I went with the larger Trike's and hoped it would suffice. It did.....and loads of fish were caught........though mostly of the smaller variety.

Once the hatch ended, I got into the larger fish of the day on Crayfish patterns, and weighted Wooly Worms/Buggers.

Guessing at numbers of fish would be stupid. It was pretty much non stop action. A lot of smaller fish, but the handful of decent fish made sure that the outing could not be labeled anything other than a success. Was happy to be catching instead of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment