Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Weather......or not.

The weather has been a little problematic lately, but I've still been getting out for a bit on most days. Last night saw some really nice angling as dusk approached. The first time in a while that the fish where more than eager to suck up topwater offerings. A floating damsel fly nymph did very well.

I carry two rods on my outings. One floating line, one sinking. For the past couple of weeks, I'm not sure that I have changed flies. A hex nymph on the sink, and a floating damsel on the floater. I haven't had too many reasons to change up. Not sure if this is a good thing, or bad. My hex has been chewed up thoroughly  though. The fish have done enough damage to the dubbing that it now appears to have a trailing shuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment