Monday, September 2, 2013

A day or so ago............

I was out one night a couple of days ago. Was another Esten Lake standard..........from what I can recall at this point. A LOT of boats out on the water. More on that day than all other days in combination. Last long weekend of the year maybe.

I`m sure if you look back through my posts, you`ll have noticed a previous mention of weeds in 14` of water. Generally, I will only see the tops of a few of the plants. Full growth starts a couple feet below. On all the lakes I have fished up here, I have consistently found fish....good fish..........in this type of aquatic structure.

Topwater was again very productive, and a sink not so much. And yea, once again I was just flippin out the GFC.

I also went exploring for something new. Found some good water and will be back there soon I hope. It was a follow up on a tip for some dry-fly trout water on the Little White.

Also of note, when on Esten last, I noticed Hex`s on the surface for the first time. I know I have lost my box of hex`s in the move. May have to get the tying bench
and wrap up a few.



No comments:

Post a Comment