Sunday, May 19, 2013

Porridge Pike.

http://elliotlakeflyfishing.com/

...........looking south at Porridge Lake
So, I was out tonight for a while on a new lake I had recently scoped out. I do a lot of looking at water. One determination I made recently was the necessity for some form of watercraft. After some internal debate, I went with my trusty old pontoon boat.

One new addition to the `toon was a fish finder. Got to tell you, I thought trying to get it attached to the tooner would be a headache. Fortunately, some research sent me the way of a website called floattubefanatics. http://www.floattubefanatics.com/

Their mounts do an incredible job. Definitely a product I am happy to have purchased. I have a Garmin Echo 150 attached to it.

I`m going to have to get used to the fish finder. First one I have ever owned. Did a great job of giving me data on depth and structure. I had figured the fish were deeper, and this was the case.

.......south shore pines.
Porridge Lake is pretty shallow. Averages about 6` in most places. The deeper sections extend to 13`. This is where I found the pike. Not a lot of fish, but 2 nice specimens did come to hand, pinned by the old streamer, the Black Ghost. I lost a few as well. So all in all, a pretty decent couple of hours you will never hear me complain about. Not even the blackflies.

I think I may have gotten Pike out of my system. Thinking a new species should get the spotlight next.

No comments:

Post a Comment