Monday, May 6, 2013

Work.


So, I spent the last three days prior to today in a classroom. First time in decades I have seen the inside of one. It ruined my back. Simply can`t sit for prolonged periods like that. Nixed fishing for that time as well. Wasn`t until today I could get to work.

I do put in the work. I spend alot of time looking at water, driving from place to place, talking to other anglers, etc. I`ve certainly put in a lot of recon this spring since the melt. Today, I had a look at our property on Dunlop Lake. Only the tiniest remnant of the icey white stuff remains.

Later into the day I ventured back toward the Boland and White to check their status. Both still flowing very high and clear. The Little White however has receded to the point that I expect it to be fishable in short order. On the way back into town, I stopped at Gander Laker, to see if any Splake were hanging close to shore. There were not.

In the last hour of light I headed down to Horne Lake in the center of town. I wandered around the shore making occasional casts. On one of those attempts, I had a follow. OMG! So there are fish in this area!
I was growing concerned.

Shortly after I hooked into a couple of decent little perch. Can`t tell you how nice it was to finally hook into something. I will be heading back in the morning when I will have a little more time to concentrate on the task at hand. Anyone want to bet on what tomorrow nights dinner is.....................



No comments:

Post a Comment