Monday, May 26, 2014

Just when you think you've got it.....................

So yeah, wanted to find some perch............found a few, but not near enough to be happy about. Tried the usual spots to no avail. There were a few, but that was it, a few. The search was not a total loss. During my foray around the lake I hooked up with a pike. Didn't put it to scales, but I would guesstimate above 3, under 4. Smallish for the area by my standards, but a decent enough tussle to make me smile. I hooked into something else large but lost  that rather quickly. The pike was caught on a small spoon I had painted up a while back and forgot about. When I came across them today, I figured I would see if the perch liked them. Will have to try again, but at least I know Pike will chomp them.

No comments:

Post a Comment