Monday, May 5, 2014

Calendar Day.

So, last year, as previously noted, May 6th was the first day I caught a fish for the season.

Today, I did not fish. I had other things to attend to. Besides, it was another shitty and cold day. Had enough of those this............ummm.............'spring'. The calendar date marking its arrival has come and gone but there has been little of it to enjoy.

Ice is melting away at an incredible pace. Once it starts to go, it goes fast. Elliot Lake in particular lost a lot of its ice over night. Lots of lakes ice free.

So, tomorrow is the 6th. Do I expect to catch a fish? I am a little leery at my prospects. I suspect I may be a couple of days off before the perch show up in droves. Not going to stop me from trying. I have a philosophy of 'you don't know till you go' that has served me well over the years. I'll put it to the test again tomorrow. And if things don't pan out, I can think of much worse things to do than walk the lake shore for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment