Sunday, August 4, 2013

Elliot Lake

I have been meaning to get onto to Elliot Lake for a little while now. Being a much larger water, I have been reticent to put my toon on it in inclimate weather. Things were looking less rainy, though somewhat colder than I would prefer, so I took a kick around for a few hours tonight. Glad I did.

Turned out to be one of the better outings of the year. Caught big bass, caught small bass, caught them in between. Got them on the fly, got them on spin gear. Got them on the surface, got them below. Got them in deep, got them in shallow. T'was a blast.

On the spin side of things, I got the evening started with some nice fish drop-shotting in about 25' of water. When I saw a fish busting bait on the surface, I switched to topwater. I put the popper about 5' beyond its rise, and took it first cast.

Got a lot of fish on the fly as well. The yellow Clouser minnow was the only fly I fished today. Was no need to change up.





No comments:

Post a Comment