Wednesday, August 21, 2013

More Pike.

......love smacking fish with my topwaters.
I hit Lake Nameunkown again this evening for a couple of hours. Figured there would be a good chance at a fish. I am still learning the lake..........plotting it out with my depth finder. I can't saw I am thrilled with what I have found. Yeah, I know there are good pike in there, but what I have seen for structure is almost non existent. The shoreline has a slope similar to the deep end of a pool in most places. So far the deepest trough I have discovered is 30'. Average depth 20 yards of shore is 20'. Surface temperature was reading at 75.

...............gator.
The fish I got was a few inches shorter, and a couple of pounds lighter than last nights fish, but still decent. It hit the same shallow running plug from last night. I had to spend sometime this afternoon extricating it from the net after last nights fishing. Yesterday evenings pike had it messed up in the mesh something wicked. I had to mash the barbs down and ended up replacing the treble hook. F'n hate trebles. Glad I took the time though. I love the action on this lure. Happened just after 7pm. Was the only fish, and only hit on the evening. Think I will go for something else tomorrow. Perch would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment