Friday, August 23, 2013

Esten again.

I put in a couple of hours flippering around Esten Lake tonight. I was hoping for a repeat of last nights affair, but it was not to be.

Not sure it was just me. I overheard some other anglers as we were all pulling out our watercraft at nights end and my numbers were higher. Since the lot of us seemed to be in the same boat, more or less, I'm guessing it had more to do with the fish.

It's not that I didn't catch fish. I did. The numbers were fewer, and only a couple of the bass were decent. I did catch my first perch in the lake..........so I know they are there, now I need to locate them in some numbers.

The rodents were hounding me again. I am hoping we can come to some sort of compromise whereby I am allowed passage for fishing in their territory. Tonight the seemed less aggressive, but still very wary, keeping tabs on me. I see the pair at around 6pm. One will head up the western shoreline, while the other goes east. If this is not their standard foraging pattern, then I suspect they are setting up an ambush.

I tried to do a vid shoot today. Maybe the last time for a while. I ended up getting fuck all footage due to either camera or operator error, and ended up losing more fish than was worth it. Aggravating. If I had stuck with just shooting stills this post would have more eye candy than it does.

Fished the Rabbabou Streamer all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment