Wednesday, August 28, 2013

More poppin' the top.

Golden on Esten.
It didn't look like I was going to get out. Forecasted thunderstorms did not show up until late afternoon. Around 6pm it cleared up, and I was on the water by 6:30.

BRONZE!
It was another great night on Esten Lake. Another night with just the fly rods. Another night of top water fun. The rain seem to have to turned the fish on. I probably caught as many fish in an hour and half of fishing as I did the previous night. Lost as many as well. One fish, I have to give credit to. He played me brilliantly. Immediately after hookset, he charged my pontoon. I could not strip in fast enough to keep tension. Then, with a good of slack line to play with, he made an incredible vertical launch that a missile would have been proud of. A 180 in the air had him diving straight back in on a trajectory an olympic diver would be envious of. Needless to say, the fish was rewarded for his effort. Hopefully, word of his victory doesn't spread to wide amongst the denizens of this lake. If every fish pulled off this maneuver with such efficiency I'd be catching a whole lot less fish.

Spent the night chucking the Green Fish Critter. Tried subsurface at a few random intervals, but not success.



No comments:

Post a Comment