Saturday, August 24, 2013

More messin' in Esten.

.............ate a Chamois Strip Minnow.
I headed out for some evening fishing on Esten again. Pretty much the middle ground of the last 2 nights. Tonight I left the casting gear home completely and went with two fly rigs. One with a floater, and one with full sink.

The full sink caught more fish today. But again, it was hardly red letter. Again, only one respectable fish, but a good number of smaller bass and a few more perch.

Fish Chowder with Dumplings. Made stock with the bones and
trimmings of a pike. Nothing gets wasted.
I fished a number of different flies tonight. Those three were the Chamois Strip Minnow, Green Fish Critter and the Rabbabou. All caught fish. The strip minnow caught the most, but the GFC caught the best. I had the thought a while back that it should work well with a sinking line. It would suspend of the bottom nicely. I took a decent fish as soon as I tied it on.

Think I might need a change in venue. It seems as though I am always rewarded when  I explore new waters. We shall see what tomorrow brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment