Monday, June 17, 2013

Anticipation.

So looking forward to bass season.

............boom.
I know you haven't heard much in the way of bass up here so far. Last year my outings were few and far between. My posts on this blog are always somewhat less than my outings. However, I can tell you some things without doubt.

One thing for sure is the Smallmouth up here are big. Real big. The average fish is a few pounds. You'll quickly get the idea once they are legal for picture taking. They seem to be prolific in numbers too.

Tonight was a 'bad' night for bass. In that they have once again seemed to take to the shallows for feeding ( in Horne Lake ). They had not been in there for awhile, leaving me and my panfish in peace. Tonight they were busting up fish along the shore at a steady pace. I pretty much had to cast to rising panfish. If there was no sign of panfish, it usually meant I would be able to spot a cruising smallmouth in the area. I would have to move, or wait for the panfish to start on the surface again. Mind you, its only days until the season opens and my perspective on this matter will have changed a lot.

..............the Green Fish Critter.
As I mentioned, the panfish were rising steadily from 6 - 8:30pm. Had a lot of fun picking of fish after fish. When I first got there, I started throwing a small deceiver. I was a little surprised by the lack of interest. When I finally got around to putting on a floater, it was night and day. One of those fish after fish, cast after cast deals. Made for a very enjoyable few hours. Only floater I had on hand were my Green Fish Critters, and the fish were more than happy to pounce all over it. I love surface fishing. :)

http://elliotlakeflyfishing.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment