Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bass!

When I got up this morning at 5am. it was raining and overcast. I felt like shit, so I went back to bed.

Depot Lake in Clouds.
The weather hasn't really improved, but I did manage to haul my ass out for a couple of hours. I went to Depot Lake, just south of town. Upon pulling into the parking lot I was greeted to an odd site. A dozen or so vehicles replete with boat trailers. I say odd, because usually there is no more than a car or so, and often I  am the only one there. SO, some folks obviously feel its a good lake for smallies.

I managed 4 bass in  a couple of hours. Smallest was 12". The others were notably larger. However, with no tape or camera present, there is no point at guestimation. Only one came on the fly I'm afraid to report. As previously mentioned, I am picking up spinfishing again this season. and was eager to test some of my plastics and tackle. 2 fish came on shaky head jigs, with 5" punkinseed worms, and the other came on a white twitch bait. The fly that took a fish was a yellow rabbit strip streamer, sized 8.

Almost all the action happened as soon as I arrived. I would have been much better off being out earlier, but it is what it is. I was shore fishing from one spot. So, all in all, it was as decent an outing as I could expect.

I was planning to make another go in the evening, hoping the weather might improve so I could take out the 'toon, but upon arriving home my back has started spasming to such a degree that is unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment