Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dog walk.

Looks like we are in for a prolonged period of rain here. Sucks. I'm not overly eager to head out into inclement weather.

I did go out for 45 minutes this afternoon, to exercise the dog for the most part. However, my rods never leave the car so I decided at a few casts into Depot Lake.


The white Twitch bait has worked well for me early this season
My first stop along the path had me on a nice large. exposed part of the sheild. I threw a half dozen casts or so and caught an enthusiastic, but small, bronzeback. He wasn't much longer than the twitch bait itself. Better than nothing I thought, and sure not hard work.



this fish weighed 2lb 8oz.
A little further along and I headed over to a spot I have previously seen bass cruising. I approached the water so as to obscure my presence with a large boulder shore side. I made a short cast of maybe 20' with my twitch bait, where I knew a large tree was submerged in about 8' of water. A good bass took it on the second twitch. This guy weighed in at 2 1/2lbs, and is pretty indicative of the average smallmouth here.


Figured that was a pretty decent outing for the short time I was there, and took the doggy home.

Obviously, these were not caught on flies. Both fish fell to a twitch bait. I had mentioned I was picking up spinfishing this season. I have an internal debate whether  to post about those endeavors here. Still debating. For now, some posts on spinfishing will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment