Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sun is out.........




So I went out for a bit. Took a drive to a couple of lakes for some quick casts and to see if they were any active fish. I love that within 10 minutes I can get to dozens of different lakes. I'm trying to acquaint myself well with a handful this year. Not sure how much I would learn if I just hit a different lake each day.


Lots of anglers out this weekend. The local police are also out in force to equal them, for some reason. Odd the number off OPP I saw this weekend. Still, even in popular shore fishing locations finding spots were easy. And yes, this was another shore fishing excursion.


Considering the lack of surface activity, I was surprised at how well received my surface fly was. If a fish so much as moved the surface, I could talk it into sucking up a GFC. Usually on the first cast. That fly works real well when bass are taking bugs of the surface. Not that many were..........but those that did were quickly sorry.

It was such a beautiful night out there. Finished off on Depot Lake, to enjoy the sunset there. They always prove to be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment