Sunday, June 30, 2013

More Bass tooning.

.....video still of a good bass.
So, I headed out to Horne again. Was hoping for some perch for a fry and to play with whatever else came along. It was rather windy today, and I wasn't really relishing kicking the 'toon around in it. I'm glad I did.

Things started of quick. After several minutes, as I was heading to my favoured hunting ground and trolling a Clouser Minnow, I hooked into a very decent smallie of 3lbs. I was a little surprised. So far this year I hadn't caught any bass doing the shore trolling thing. And especially not in the area where I was. It turned out to be a good sign.

......another Luna Moth.
I was out for about 4 hours. The where was a lull of maybe half an hour where I couldn't find fish, but other than that, things were pretty steady. I got a good number of fish. Biggest was three pounds and a good number of 2 - 2 1/2lber's. A fair number of good size perch too. So, tomorrow those perch will fry.

The biggest bass was taken on a yellow and red Clouser Minnow. The fish were split between the Clouser, and the good old soft plastic worms. Very enjoyable night on the water.

Yeah , yeah.............video angle sucks, my tune sucks, etc, etc. First video since moving, so whatever. The fish make it worth it IMO. Due to the amateurish nature of the vid, watch the top right corner for jumping fish.



2 comments:

  1. Boy, Brian, those big Smallmouth sure got my attention! You did very well with the video in my opinion. Not easy to do when you are a one man angling/videotaker/bass catchin' fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those smallies nice? The larger smallmouth are in the 2 - 3 lb range. The last fish on the video weighed 2 1/2lb. Those are considered average fish here.
    I really would like to produce some high quality video, but I'm working on less than a shoe string budget. The camera is the one the bass swamped the other night, and now it has no mic or flash, but seems to still record a decent image.
    To add to my recent run of misfortune, My pontoon seems to have a leak. Hope I can find and fix it.

    ReplyDelete