Saturday, July 13, 2013

.......

Depot Lake sunset this evening.
So, headed out to Depot to cast a little at dusk. Was hoping to get some hook ups on the popper. I did manage to bring one fish up but he missed and I couldn`t convince him to follow up. I tried a craw plastic and got no interest. I tried a Texas Rigged Worm next. That got me into a better than average bass. That fish I managed to lose after a tussle that should have gone my way. Very acrobatic fish.

Dunno whats up lately, but whenever I hit Depot in the evening I manage to get two fish interested, and thats it. Not one, not three, but two. Been that way for a bit. I actually stayed a bit longer than I had planned waiting for the second fish. Weird that. Personally, I`m pretty happy that I can get anything interested from shore.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Brian, nice evening view of the lake. Two is better than none, I would lament. Does the lake get much traffic from other boaters in the evening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Before bass season, I rarely saw anyone there. Now there will be around a half dozen or so vehicles with trailers in the lot. Before the opener, I would rarely find anyone there. Depot seems to have a reputation for bass. The only time I see the boats is if they return in the evening. Many people will boat out and camp on the islands in the lake.

      Yup, two is better than none, any day of the week. :)

      Delete