Friday, July 5, 2013

Fly Pattern: Chamois Strip Minnow?

So, this is the fly I came up with. Very very simple. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it. Ties up in no time. You should be able to deduce its construction by looking at it.

As I keep saying, you can literally just tie chamois on a hook and it will catch fish. Whether or not the extras tiers add aid in effeciency I will leave for others to debate. I have a feeling that indeed they do, or I wouldn't bother. Without any better reference, I'll be referring to this as a Chamois Strip Minnow, or CSM in the future. As a caveat, with any new pattern I come up with, I always point out, just because I am not aware of it, does not mean this pattern does not already exist. If you have seen it before, drop me a line and let me know the particulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment