Thursday, July 11, 2013

Spoiled Rotten.

So, I went out tonight in the pontoon to Horne Lake. Far from a spectacular day. Caught perch....lots of perch. Some on the fly, some on plastics. Caught a few bass. None larger than 12", and likely less than a pound. Tried a lot of different looks, to no avail. If I remember correctly, they all came on `bug`type plastics. A first for me. Never used them before today.

A little odd. I seem to be doing better in short little stints from shore than the tooner. I think I may not to abandon Horne for a bit. Try another lake, or maybe hunt down other species. I dunno. or some reason, I just wasn't feeling it today. In all honesty, I was kind of preoccupied the entire night with thoughts about some tools I had to set for my lure making. My back is still singing sad songs of sorrow which is never overly enjoyable.


We shall see what tomorrow brings. I have to go out to our property tomorrow to meet with a potential builder.

Oh, so the title? You know, I really should not be disappointing by an outing like this, but I was. I just expect big bass now. I do not get them, and apparently I sulk. Not sure I like this side of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment