Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crisis Averted.

I had thought my pontoon boat had sprung a leak. I freaked out. I can`t afford to replace it, and its worth its weight in gold to me. What I thought was a slow leak was likely an improperly inserted valveƬsh type part. Whatever. It was in ship shape this evening.

.......ate a Wooly Bugger this one did.
I have mentioned previously about finding perch, and the smallies are there? Well, worked to perfection tonight. No more wandering around checking things out. With the help of the fish finder, I located the fish, and beat up on'em. It was a fantastic night.

My goal was actually perch related. Since I knew where they were, I figured to get myself some for a fry. All schooled up, I could pretty much `shop` for the biggest and best, so to speak. I was only looking for larger perch..............easier to clean............and I accomplished this task rather handily. The one perch I got on video was way to small for my liking, as you will see.

..........airborne bass.
Also on tap were the smallies. I did really well on them. Some on spin, some on the fly. One fish caught on the fly, and video, was extremely acrobatic. Caught a few fish this evening that went completely ballistic. God I love smallies. A fish that loves a fight.

I got irratated with Clousers, I was having a horrible time hooking up, missing fish after fish. Figured the fly was cursed for the night. All my fly caught bass came on a Wooly Bugger. I'd love to tell you more about the worm I was using.........like the pro's and T.V. do, but there is not much to say. Being new to spin, I picked up a bunch of different soft plastic kits from Bass Pro. The worms I have been using all have come from their shaky head kit, which I think cost 6$ and came with 50 worms. A great deal if you consider bang for the buck. One worm can last me several outings.

As I came to shore, I met and chatted with a gentleman from the London area, currently in the process of moving up here. The fishing was a big selling point with him as well, though he seems to have put in more time than I scouting out trout and salmon opportunities. A pontoon fisherman as well, he was curious as to how I mounted my fish finder. I was more than happy to rave about the fantastic product from floattubefanatics. I can`t even begin to tell you how advantageous the finder is on the toon. Until this year I had never used one. The number of fish it has gotten me into is incredible.

Here is a video of a few of the fish from tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment