Tuesday, July 9, 2013

No rest for the..........

So much for that idea. Instead of sitting at home to further rest, I went out with the dog for a bit of a stroll at Depot Lake. Of course, if I was going to be by water.............

......the second fish to pop the popper.
I took my spinning rod with me. I wanted to see how I could do with a popper from shore, so thats all I took. I was happy to find a couple of bass that were interested in giving me a tussle. God knows I love to take fish on the surface, and I was suitably rewarded.

The popper I used had seen the water a couple of times previous. All it produced then were Rock Bass. Smallmouth weren't in the mood for top water fare. This seems to be changing. Which is a good thing in my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Smallmouth on top, now that would be a blast! Are these poppers you made yourself? Thanks for getting me to think up on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Mel,
      Yes, all lures I fish made of wood are produced in my shop. Starts with a block of wood, I then lathe, sand, paint, finish, add hardware, etc. I enjoy being as hands on as I can when it comes to what I will be throwing at the fish.

      Heheh...........my problem is I'm always looking at the top, even when I know nothing is going to be happening! :)

      Delete