Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hmmmm............

So, haven't been out lately. Or not much. Maybe a half hour or so the other day.

Haven't touched a good bass in a while. The cold front maybe? I dunno. Not making me smile though.

Tonight I managed to get out for a few hours. Lots of little perch and bass. To give you an idea of size, only one perch was deemed big enough for the stringer.........and I was on a perch meat hunt.

I was fishing one of those little jig flies at first..............and got bored with the minute fish it was taking. A Chamois Strip Minnow produced some better fish, but still.............. Couldn't move much on the spinning rod. Didn't land a single fish with it.

It was windy, cold, and I didn't mind stopping early.

2 comments:

  1. Brian, I will share with you something that I have shared with many of my other blogging friends on their blogs when I read posts like this one. "Sometimes the fish win in the game called fishing, and, other times........"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..........true enough Mel. I often like to think that the fault is my own. It then gives my mind fodder for deliberating on what my shortcomings may have been. As a result, I often over analyze things. Where I am postulating on air pressure, moon phases, temperature, etc, the more likely answer would be `fish ain`t biting.` ;)

      Delete